Get to know the getting started link bar.
- [Instructor] When you create a Sharepoint team site, a getting started web part is created for you by default. Think of the web part as a checklist for what you need to do when you create your site. The share your site button is used to manage the permissions of the site. Working on a deadline runs a script that quickly adds a calendar and a task list to the site for you. You could do this manually, but this is much quicker. The add list libraries and other apps button is a quick link to the apps gallery where you can add all kinds of content to your site.
The what's your style button helps you to customize the look of your site. And finally, the your site your brand button lets you customize the title, description, and icon settings for your site. In reality, the link bar is just a series of shortcuts to options that are provided in the site settings. To view the site settings, click the settings menu and then select site settings. The majority of the settings on the link bar are the options found under the users and permissions and the look and feel groups. Once you have completed these steps, you need to remove the web part by clicking the remove this link.
And then click okay. You now have a clean home page that you can build for your audience.
- Customizing the look and feel of your site
- Enabling retention and auditing policies
- Adding the ability to like or rate your items or documents
- Working with SharePoint calendars
- Adding a site Asset Library
- Adding and organizing promoted links
- Working with columns and views
- Creating custom permission levels