Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Using SharePoint Workspace, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
If you have the Professional Plus Edition of Office 2010, you are going to find…that you have a program called Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010.…This is the new version of what used to be called Groove.…And what it lets us do is have offline copies of the content in our SharePoint sites.…If I go to one of the SharePoint sites that I use a lot, I can decide to…synchronize this entire site, so I have got an offline copy.…I can do that by using my Site Actions menu, which has an option, Sync to…SharePoint Workspace.…
Now, not every single list will synchronize down to your own desktop.…In fact, it's very common that really what you're mainly interested in is say…a document library.…So I could go into a document library, go to the Library section of the Ribbon,…and this itself has a Sync to SharePoint Workspace button. I click that.…If I'd never used SharePoint Workspace before, it will ask me just to fill in a…bit of simple data, like what's my name, what's my email address.…Then it's going to ask, do you want to sync this list to your computer? Yes, I do.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.