Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Using SQL reporting services in SharePoint, part of Creating Quick No-Code SharePoint Business Solutions with Composites.
- Okay, let's take a look at using Reporting Services…and specifically, Report Builder 3.0 within SharePoint.…So, what we're going to do is look at a chart using…Report Builder 3.0 and then we're going to see how…we can expose that chart through a SharePoint site.…Now, Report Builder 3.0, we're not going to go through…the details of how we created the chart.…There is already existing content on Lynda.com's…online library of working with Report Builder 3.0,…so let me show you the chart.…
We're here in Report Builder 3.0…and we created a little chart, just Max and Min Inventory.…I took it off of the Contoso data warehouse…and I created a data set.…And then we just use the wizard to go through…and create this chart.…I then saved it into SQL Report Server.…If you're not familiar, in Reporting Services,…we have two ways of doing reports:…we can do it, what I call traditional or native method,…which is, we use a Report Server website…that is separate from SharePoint…and that's used to manage the reports.…
There's also integrated and within integrated,…
So join Ron Davis as he shows how to get the most out of your SharePoint investment, with SharePoint Composites and some inventive sample business solutions. Ron shows how to gather requirements, use templates, create composites, integrate with Excel and other Office services, and implement solutions for a range of scenarios.
- An introduction to SharePoint's no-code Composites
- Composites life cycle
- Using out-of-the-box and custom workflows
- Using SharePoint site templates
- Working with Access apps
- Integrating with Excel, Power Pivot, and PerformancePoint
- Example business solutions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to SharePoint No-Code Composites
2. Composites Life Cycle
3. Utilizing Workflows
4. Utilizing SharePoint Site Templates
5. Utilizing Access Apps
Using Access templates1m 23s
6. Business Intelligence Integration
7. Business Solutions Implemented with Composites
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.