Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Chart Web Parts, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
A new Web Part available in SharePoint 2010 is the Chart Web Part.…Now, the Chart Web Part isn't limited to the Business Intelligence Center, but…that might be the first place that you come across it because it's used on a…couple of the sample pages.…The Chart Web Part can be fueled with a variety of data, things from Excel…Services, from Business Data Connections, or from your own SharePoint lists.…And in fact I have a simple custom SharePoint list that I've created here…called 2010 Orders, which simply breaks down some different regions, some…quarters and the amount.…
And this is a perfect example of data…that's just quite difficult to look at and really understand any kind of progress,…any kind of structure that's happening to it.…Yes, we can understand this data if we spent enough time, but having this in a…chart so we can see if certain regions are on the upswing or the downswing…could be very useful, and it's very easy to do with the Chart Web Part.…So I'm going to go back to the homepage of the Business Intelligence site and I'm…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.