Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Business Connectivity Services (BCS), part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
You can't get everything into SharePoint and nor do you probably want to.…A typical company has many systems.…You have got back end databases and SQL Server, Oracle.…You have systems like PeopleSoft and SAP, mainframe applications, custom line of…business applications.…Those aren't going to certainly disappear and it wouldn't be practical to…extract all their data to store inside SharePoint.…But we do often want to get to that data and to get it into SharePoint lists and…reports and dashboards.…We can use something called Business Connectivity Services or BCS to connect to…those external databases and those external lines of business systems.…
Any reasonably up-to-date system that accepts a pretty standardized way of…connection such as a web service or a .NET database driver, or OLE DB will allow…us to connect to it using BCS.…In the last version of SharePoint, SharePoint 2007, this was called the…Business Data Catalog.…It's been added to since then and it's certainly a little easier to deal with…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.