Learn about how SharePoint lists are similar to tables in Excel, where columns have headings and data types, and each record is a row.
- [Voiceover] Just as documents and images and other files…live in libraries,…other data in SharePoint lives in lists,…and there are many different types of lists.…Let me show you one list…as a way to learn about how we use lists in general.…This list is a contacts list.…It's clients in our area,…and notice that it's presented like a table.…If I choose to edit this list by clicking this link,…it will look even more like a table…than it looked previously.…Notice that I have grid lines, for example.…
This plus allows me to add another column to this table.…I'm actually customizing it on the fly if I do that.…Don't do that yet,…because this particular view of this data…only shows us some of the columns that are available.…Indeed, if we choose items, new item,…we'll see a form that shows us…all of the different data that we're already capturing.…Not just last name, first name, e-mail address,…and a phone, and a company,…but also a street address, city, and so on.…
So before we would add a column here,…it would be good to make sure that column…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is SharePoint?
- Navigating in a team site
- Opening and editing documents
- Coauthoring an Office document
- Sharing and managing documents
- Working with apps
- Syncing a list with Outlook
- Creating a new team site