Learn about how SharePoint lists are similar to tables in Excel, where columns have headings and data types, and each record is a row.
- [Voiceover] Just as documents and images and other files…live in libraries,…other data in SharePoint lives in lists,…and there are many different types of lists.…Let me show you one list…as a way to learn about how we use lists in general.…This list is a contacts list.…It's clients in our area,…and notice that it's presented like a table.…If I choose to edit this list by clicking this link,…it will look even more like a table…than it looked previously.…Notice that I have grid lines, for example.…
This plus allows me to add another column to this table.…I'm actually customizing it on the fly if I do that.…Don't do that yet,…because this particular view of this data…only shows us some of the columns that are available.…Indeed, if we choose items, new item,…we'll see a form that shows us…all of the different data that we're already capturing.…Not just last name, first name, e-mail address,…and a phone, and a company,…but also a street address, city, and so on.…
So before we would add a column here,…it would be good to make sure that column…
- Use SharePoint to create websites, collaboration spaces, and custom applications.
- List three ways a user can add documents to a SharePoint library.
- Modify documents simultaneously with coworkers and team members.
- Organize and share apps, lists, and libraries by choosing public views.
- Analyze content on all of your devices by syncing libraries and OneDrive.
- Organize a team site to promote collaboration.