Learn how to mimic the form variable functionality available in the on-premises version of Nintex Forms Designer in Office 365.
- [Narrator] If you're already familiar with the concept…of data validation, then you appreciate this idea…that we could use a calculated value to…create a dynamic message on a form…to communicate with people.…I want to take that one step further,…so in this example, I'm going to put another calculated value…on this form, but I'm going to call…a hidden value, a.k.a form variable.…This functionality is a work around for form variables,…which were available in the On Prem version,…but still, as of this reporting,…are not available in the Office 365 version.…
Here's the value I'm going to be referring to…in this statement.…I've got this hidden field.…I double click on it, and its named DatesInRange.…That's all you got to remember.…Close out of that, bring a calculated field over,…and I'm going to put it underneath the start date…because this is where I want the message to go.…Now, I know I'm going to be a little bit more verbose…with my messaging on this one, so I'm just going to…make that value field a little bit larger, and why not?…
- Explain how to change layout options on Nintex forms.
- Use a lookup list control to reuse lists in multiple forms.
- Configure form controls to filter options.
- Describe techniques that can be used to hide calculated values on a form.
- Identify the benefits of responsive forms.
- Give examples of how buttons enhance forms.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
Integrating Dynamics 365 with SharePointwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 29m Intermediate
1. Format in Forms Designer
2. Configure General Form Controls
3. Build Business Logic
4. Design Responsive Layouts
5. Submit and Maintain Forms
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.