SharePoint team sites include a OneNote notebook by default, and teams can determine what type of content they wish to capture in the notebook, such as research, project information, and meeting notes. Learn about how the notebook supports multiple simultaneous editors.
- [Gini] By default, SharePoint 2016 team sites…include a OneNote notebook.…Many teams will use the notebook to capture…things like meeting notes, business analysis,…research, and other artifacts that are part…of the team's collaborative work.…If you have the ability to view and to edit…documents in that library, you have the ability…to open and contribute to the notebook.…Click the link in the quick launch to open the notebook.…You'll notice that there is no content yet…in this notebook.…
We have the ability to do some basic things…in OneNote, including for example, all the tags…that are available for meetings.…Inserting some things, you can't insert audio…or video for example here, but you can insert…sections, you can insert images,…you can view this, and you can print.…And one of the reasons that this notebook…is such a great idea, is that you can have multiple…people editing in this notebook at the same time.…So if you're working together on a project…and you're having a meeting, you don't need to have…one person taking notes.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Use SharePoint to create websites, collaboration spaces, and custom applications.
- List three ways a user can add documents to a SharePoint library.
- Modify documents simultaneously with coworkers and team members.
- Organize and share apps, lists, and libraries by choosing public views.
- Analyze content on all of your devices by syncing libraries and OneDrive.
- Organize a team site to promote collaboration.