Learn about clicking the New icon in the document library to create a new folder or a Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or OneNote file. To add an existing document to a library, either click the Upload button then browse to the file, or arrange your browser and a File Explorer window so that you can drag and drop selected files into the library.
- [Instructor] We have a couple of ways to add documents…to a library.…We can upload them, or we can create new documents.…Lets look first at new documents.…I can create new Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents.…A new OneNote notebook,…or a new folder in this particular library.…Each time I create something new here to add it…to the library that I'm in.…So, if I wanted to create a new Excel workbook,…I would simply choose New Excel workbook.…Here I am in Excel Online.…I would add information to this,…and it would be added to the library.…
And it just was.…It's right here.…Even though I didn't enter a single keystroke…by choosing New Excel workbook,…I created a blank workbook,…and the others work the same way.…For existing documents,…I can upload them either individually, or as a batch upload.…One way to do this is to browse…to add one or more documents.…Click the Browse button,…navigate to the document that you want to upload.…In this case, I'm going to upload…a specific PowerPoint presentation that's right here.…
- Use SharePoint to create websites, collaboration spaces, and custom applications.
- List three ways a user can add documents to a SharePoint library.
- Modify documents simultaneously with coworkers and team members.
- Organize and share apps, lists, and libraries by choosing public views.
- Analyze content on all of your devices by syncing libraries and OneDrive.
- Organize a team site to promote collaboration.