Learn about clicking the New icon in the document library to create a new folder or a Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or OneNote file. To add an existing document to a library, either click the Upload button then browse to the file, or arrange your browser and a File Explorer window so that you can drag and drop selected files into the library.
- [Instructor] We have a couple of ways to add documents…to a library.…We can upload them, or we can create new documents.…Lets look first at new documents.…I can create new Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents.…A new OneNote notebook,…or a new folder in this particular library.…Each time I create something new here to add it…to the library that I'm in.…So, if I wanted to create a new Excel workbook,…I would simply choose New Excel workbook.…Here I am in Excel Online.…I would add information to this,…and it would be added to the library.…
And it just was.…It's right here.…Even though I didn't enter a single keystroke…by choosing New Excel workbook,…I created a blank workbook,…and the others work the same way.…For existing documents,…I can upload them either individually, or as a batch upload.…One way to do this is to browse…to add one or more documents.…Click the Browse button,…navigate to the document that you want to upload.…In this case, I'm going to upload…a specific PowerPoint presentation that's right here.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is SharePoint?
- Navigating in a team site
- Opening and editing documents
- Coauthoring an Office document
- Sharing and managing documents
- Working with apps
- Syncing a list with Outlook
- Creating a new team site