Learn how to implement people pickers, which work with the [Me] filter and offer you valuable functionality.
- [Instructor] When databases already exist,…there are typically fields that are created…that are text fields,…that allow us to associate a person's name,…in this case to an issue.…We want the value of the People Pickers…that are included in SharePoint.…So let's update our database to have People Pickers.…So, let's start in our SharePoint site.…On the issues list,…we really want to create a field for assigned to.…We have an assigned to already,…so we're just going to create a new field called assigned.…All right, I'll go to my list.…
I'll go to my list settings.…I'll scroll down.…I'm going to create a column,…name it assigned,…and I'm going to choose a person or group.…This is a new field.…It will reflect…who the issue is assigned to.…
Select any of the appropriate fields here.…We want to select people only.…We want to choose from all users.…Of course, if we have a specific SharePoint group,…we could select that here.…And, we really just want to show the name.…We do want to add it to the default view,…and then we'll click okay.…
- Building an Access table and a SharePoint list
- Linking a SharePoint list to Access
- Exporting a table to SharePoint
- Connecting SharePoint to Access
- Creating macros to open lists
- Modifying Access forms
- Working with views
- Building reports for your integration
- Building views for data in SharePoint
- Sharing a SharePoint site with permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
Access 2016: Reporting to Web Systemswith Adam Wilbert1h 47m Intermediate
1. Aligning Data between SharePoint and Access
2. Connecting SharePoint to Access
3. Building Forms for Your Integration
4. Building Reports for Your Integration
5. Building Views for Data in SharePoint
6. Generating Excel Reports for SharePoint
Linking data to Excel2m 26s
7. Finalizing the Database for Production
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.