Join Mark Abdelnour for an in-depth discussion in this video Understand SharePoint Online, part of SharePoint Online: Managing Documents.
- [Narrator] What is SharePoint Online?…SharePoint Online is available as a stand alone product,…or as part of an Office 365 suite of applications.…It's a cloud based web platform, that streamlines…the management of access to data and information.…At it's core, SharePoint Online allows you to store and find…all of your organization's information in one location,…in the cloud, or one SharePoint, where users can share files…and collaborate, using powerful built in tools.…
If you're wondering what makes SharePoint Online different,…from let's say SharePoint 2016, I can tell you…that they're very similar, except for the fact that…SharePoint Online is cloud based,…and SharePoint 2016 is mainly considered on premises.…Allow me to break this down further for you.…When we say cloud based, we mean hosted by Microsoft,…rather than your own organization.…In other words,…your information data that you store in SharePoint Online…is actually being stored on Microsoft servers off site.…
By contrast, SharePoint 2016 on premises,…
- Accessing SharePoint Online
- Creating and working with documents
- Editing documents
- Sharing files
- Creating document views and document pins
- Searching and filtering
- Exporting to Excel
Skill Level Beginner
Integrating Dynamics 365 with SharePointwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Site Owners (2016)with Bill Kulterman1h 52m Intermediate
1. SharePoint Online
2. Create and Work with Documents
3. Document Collaboration
4. Work with Document Views
5. Document Management Hidden Gems
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.