In this video, learn the types of sites in SharePoint 2019. SharePoint 2019 is the first version of SharePoint to support modern SharePoint sites. There are two types of modern sites: team sites and communication sites. Team sites are typically used for collaboration, while communication sites are used to distribute information to larger groups of users. SharePoint 2019 also supports classic sites, created with legacy templates like the project site template.
- [Instructor] There are different types of sites…in SharePoint 2019.…One of the new features of SharePoint 2019…is the Modern Experience, and that brings…modern team and communication sites.…This site, SharePoint Home, is a type of team site.…You could think of it as a team site for one.…It is unique, it is the only site created this way,…and it's actually your personal, customizable site.…If we visit the KinetEco Team Site,…what we're seeing is a modern team site.…
And the Modern Experience is an experience…that has already been piloted in…Office 365 and SharePoint Online,…so after a great deal of feedback…from users in the cloud environment…this experience has now been ported…over to SharePoint 2019 on premises.…And in addition to modern team sites,…we also have modern communication sites.…For example, this is a modern communication site.…
It looks a little different, it serves a different purpose.…Team sites are meant for collaboration.…A number of different people working together on documents,…working together on a project, calendars, and so on.…
- Define SharePoint.
- Recall what level to set permissions when setting up security groups.
- Recall the limitations of opening a document in the Online version of SharePoint.
- Explain how to upload a folder from your documents folder to your SharePoint team site.
- Name the default that has been removed from SharePoint 2019 that limits document editing to one user at a time.
- Explain how to share a particular document on your team site.