In this video Bill takes you an a quick tour of Power BI Desktop.
- [Instructor] Okay, we are here on our Power BI Desktop,…and I'm sure you're already familiar with it.…And as you probably recognize,…we're here with a report open.…This is our Revenue Report.…And in this movie, we're going to go ahead and just do,…as a refresher, a quick tour of Power BI.…We're going to start by, of course, the report.…This entire screen that we see here is our report.…Now, over here, on the left,…we have the Visualization pane.…
And as I select a visualization,…you see it shows me exactly which one it is.…And, of course, I can change it…to different things.…Not all of them will make sense,…considering the data.…But that's my Visualization pane,…where I can go and work with my visualizations.…And, of course, down here, I have tools for formatting,…other analysis,…and again, more of the details of our visualizations.…
Next to that, to the right, we have our Fields pane,…and it shows us all the fields that we have in our data…and allows us to pick and choose which ones we're going…to use to create these individual visualizations.…
- Connecting to data in libraries, lists, services, and more
- Adding custom columns
- Editing queries
- Creating charts and other visualizations
- Combining data from multiple sources
- Managing relationships between data
- Publishing reports to Power BI services
- Embedding reports on SharePoint pages
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Power BI
2. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Library
3. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Online List
4. Connect to Data in SharePoint with Power BI Services
5. Connect to Data from Multiple Sources in SharePoint
6. Embed a Report on a SharePoint Page
Add a link to a page1m 21s
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.