The SharePoint Contacts and Calendar list apps are designed to synchronize with Outlook. Learn about syncing a SharePoint Contacts list with Outlook; modifying a contact in the SharePoint list, then refreshing Outlook; and modifying a contact, then refreshing the SharePoint list.
- [Instructor] This clients list was created…using an app that has synchronization with Outlook built in.…It's the Contacts app.…There's also a similar app for the calendar.…And if I'd like to be able to synchronize…this list with Outlook it easy to do,…but first let's talk about why.…I have a client list here,…and if I'm using Microsoft Exchange…one way to share this is by creating a distribution list…and sending it to someone else.…But, then when I update my list there's is a copy.…They'll need to update theirs.…A second choice would be an Exchange public folder.…
This clients list actually takes the place…of either one of those options…and allows us to create a list that lives in SharePoint…but is synchronized with Outlook,…so that when the list is changed in SharePoint…it's automatically updated in Outlook,…and if someone changes it in Outlook…that change is synchronized back to SharePoint.…Here's how it works.…Choose list and choose Connect to Outlook.…First, you'll be prompted by your browser.…Is it okay for this website to open Outlook at all.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Use SharePoint to create websites, collaboration spaces, and custom applications.
- List three ways a user can add documents to a SharePoint library.
- Modify documents simultaneously with coworkers and team members.
- Organize and share apps, lists, and libraries by choosing public views.
- Analyze content on all of your devices by syncing libraries and OneDrive.
- Organize a team site to promote collaboration.