Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Sync a document library to your computer, part of SharePoint Online Essential Training: The Basics.
- [Instructor] Just as I can synchronize OneDrive files…to specific devices, I can do the same…with document libraries from SharePoint.…For example, here is the Policy Review document library.…Perhaps I'm going to be working on these policies…while I'm on the train,…and I'd like to have offline copies to use…because that's more reliable.…I'm going to click Sync, it says "Getting ready to sync."…Notice I'm in SharePoint, but it is opening OneDrive.…
"Do you mean to switch apps?"…Yes I do, and here comes Microsoft OneDrive,…because that's the synchronization tool…that I'm going to use, whether I am synchronizing…OneDrive files or I'm synchronizing SharePoint libraries.…The dialog box went away and it doesn't look like…much happened, but if I open my OneDrive,…notice, available in Policy Review Documents,…my policy review documents are indeed syncing…with this computer.…If I open my Kinetico folder,…Policy Review Documents, only available offline.…
If I want to take them with me, which was my point,…I'm going to select this, right click,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding SharePoint permissions
- Searching SharePoint sites
- Editing, saving, and sharing documents
- Using OneDrive for file storage
- Working with libraries and list apps
- Creating custom and dynamic views
- Integrating Office apps: Outlook, Word, and more
- Going mobile with SharePoint Online
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with SharePoint Online
2. Work with SharePoint Sites
3. Edit and Save Documents
4. Share and Sync Documents
5. Work with List Apps
6. Go Mobile with SharePoint Online
Switch between views1m 24s
7. Integration: SharePoint 2016 and Office
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.