Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Sync with Files On-Demand, part of SharePoint Online Essential Training: The Basics.
- [Instructor] Here I am up to my elbows…in SharePoint saving files for my teams…and SharePoint libraries saving files for myself…or that I want to share with groups…other than teams in OneDrive for business which is great,…because then when I want to use any of my files,…all I need is some connectivity.…I can be working on my Surface tablet…and use my files that are in OneDrive.…That's great because I don't have a lot…of extra storage space on the tablet,…and I don't want to use it for files…that I can store in the Cloud.…
The same thing's true for my iPad.…On my desktop.…I can use all of these files across all of my devices;…however, it's useful for me not…to have to be online all the time that I want to use files.…Sometimes I'd like to be able to work on one…or more of my files offline, and I can do that very easily.…I can specify to have different files…kept locally on my Surface tablet.…For example then on my desktop,…because I have lots of storage space on my desktop,…and it's fine for me to keep many of the files…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding SharePoint permissions
- Searching SharePoint sites
- Editing, saving, and sharing documents
- Using OneDrive for file storage
- Working with libraries and list apps
- Creating custom and dynamic views
- Integrating Office apps: Outlook, Word, and more
- Going mobile with SharePoint Online
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with SharePoint Online
2. Work with SharePoint Sites
3. Edit and Save Documents
4. Share and Sync Documents
5. Work with List Apps
6. Go Mobile with SharePoint Online
Switch between views1m 24s
7. Integration: SharePoint 2016 and Office
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.