In this video, Bill explores the Survey Settings page where you can find various options for your survey and demonstrates how to change the name or description of the survey.
- [Instructor] In this movie, I'm going to show you the Survey Settings page. We'll take a look at where we go when we want to change things about our survey, where we can do things like edit questions, add more questions, change questions, rearrange the orders, delete questions, change the name of the survey, the description, change permissions, and all kinds of things. We'll see where all of that stuff lives, and I'll specifically show you how you can change the name of your survey and the description.
So let's go ahead, and let's do that. We're here on our Health Insurance Survey, and we want to click on the Settings button. We're going to click on Settings and choose Survey Settings. It's takes us to our Survey Settings page, there we are, and we see that we have a lot of options in here. There's a lot of things that we can look at. Up here at the top, we see the name of the survey, the web address, and the description. You'll see that we have links here to all these different things that we can change about the survey.
And we're going to look at a few of these throughout the rest of the course. We also see, down here at the bottom, we have a list of all of our questions, the type of answer that the question is. We have a column, if the question is required, if it's one that can't be left blank. And we also see we have information about branching logic, and we're going to look at that in a future video as well. We also see we can add a question here, and let me do that. Let me show you that.
If we click on Add a question, here on the Survey Settings, it simply takes us back here to our New Question page. I'm going to go back to our Home page and go back to our Survey Settings. And let's take a look here, under General Settings, at List name, description, and navigation. We're going to click there, and you'll see here is the name of our Health Insurance Survey. I think Health Insurance Survey is a fine name, but we could maybe change our description.
Survey about your health insurance coverage and your needs. And we can go ahead and Save that. And we'll look at these other options here in future videos as well, that are on that page. And now we can see right here, our description is Survey about your health insurance coverage and your needs. And if we go back to the Home page, we'll see that the change has also been made there. So your Survey Settings is where you go to change all these different aspects of your survey, and now you know how to get there.
- Creating a survey with the survey app
- Adding questions to a survey
- Adding drop-down menu choice questions
- Survey settings
- Editing and deleting questions
- Setting survey permissions
- Creating branching logic in a survey
- Reviewing survey responses as a user and as a site owner