Learn about running SharePoint in a browser, where you'll enter a URL or click on a hyperlink to log in. The link is sent in an email that invites you to a site or a document within a site. In some organizations, a page from a SharePoint site is the default home page for your browser.
- [Instructor] We're now ready to log into SharePoint.…Normally, when you are invited…to a SharePoint site, the person…who invites you will have the SharePoint server send…you an email message, and it will look something like this.…You and everyone else that was invited at the same time…with the same type of permissions will have an email…where it says go to Inside Landon Hotel.…You click and it will take you directly…to the Landon Hotels site.…That's where we are here.…Let's return the Outlook,…because there's another possibility.…Someone may share a document with you.…
I've shared a document with myself here,…and if is click this link, it will go to the site,…and it will also open that document directly from the site,…in this case, Word Line, the appropriate application…to open a Word document.…Notice that I was automatically logged in…in both of these cases because I was already logged in…to other Microsoft products that accepted my sign on…that I already had executed.…And if i leave this, I can go…to Inside Landon Hotels from here because I'm in SharePoint.…
- What is SharePoint?
- Navigating in a team site
- Opening and editing documents
- Coauthoring an Office document
- Sharing and managing documents
- Working with apps
- Syncing a list with Outlook
- Creating a new team site