Whenever you move a shared file from Google Drive, it is no longer shared. In this video, learn how to share that moved file from OneDrive and from a SharePoint document library.
- [Instructor] If you've been working from Google Drive…for a while,…you might have files that you've shared with other people…and files that other people have shared with you.…Unfortunately, when you move a shared file…to SharePoint from Google Drive,…it does not retain it's sharing properties.…What that means is, after you've migrated your files over,…you'll have to re-share them via SharePoint.…Let's now go to our SharePoint document library…and I'll show you how sharing works.…We've already moved this file to our SharePoint…document library.…
It was a shared file in Google Drive…and we need to share it again.…We can select it and see our options up at the top.…You see I have the big share button.…I click there and all I need to do to share it…is enter in the email address or the name of that person.…Now, if it's somebody that's already in your address book,…the name will show up automatically.…If you want to add multiple people,…you can just continue to add their names here as well.…Over here on the right, you'll see we're giving this person…
- Identify the categories available for filtering files in SharePoint.
- Recall how to share a file with someone outside of an organization.
- Explain how to use special fonts from Google Docs in a Word file.
- Determine how to incorporate charts from Google Sheets into Excel.
- Recognize the default process of downloading multiple files from Google Drive all at once.