Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharing an Access database with Access Services, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
With Access Services in SharePoint 2010, you can create a database in Microsoft…Access 2010 and publish it up into SharePoint.…It will take your Access tables and turn them into SharePoint lists.…It will take your Access macros and turn them into workflows.…The best way to do it is to start off with a new Access database called a…blank web database.…If you have an existing Access database, you still can publish that up into…SharePoint, but you might have to remove a few things that are incompatible.…
So, I'm going to create a blank web database.…I am going to call it Purchases and Create.…It takes me into Access into my first table.…So, I'm going to define a few entries here.…I'll say the first one is a text field called Product Name.…The next one is Currency for Price.…The next one I'll say is a text field for Serial Number, and the next one is a…Yes/No for whether it's activated.…
I'll save this and just save it as Purchases.…Well, I could directly enter information into the table.…We usually have a form to work with, with Access.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.