Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video SharePoint roles, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
There is one key thought to keep in mind as we go forward.…That using SharePoint is a very different experience depending on your role.…And there are three key roles.…Three ways that most people will interact with SharePoint and I'm not talking…here about things like systems administration.…the people who install and maintain SharePoint. I am talking about what you do…when you actually have SharePoint.…You can interact with it as a reader.…You can just read, read content that other people have created.…Then there is the idea of being a contributor. Yes, you can read but you can…change things, you can take part.…
Now this is the most common role in SharePoint. After all it's all…about collaboration.…But then there's the idea of full control. Being an owner not a contributor.…Yes, you can read and you can change things, but you can also decide what exists.…In SharePoint, this might mean that you create sites, you enable features, you…work with the organization of what exists in your SharePoint farm.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.