Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video The SharePoint product line, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
There is no product just called SharePoint.…You can't go and buy and install SharePoint.…That's just a useful phrase that describes several different products and technologies.…So what actually is installed?…Well, we start with a product called SharePoint 2010 Foundation.…This is actually free and can be downloaded and installed on a Windows server.…It's the foundation of SharePoint.…It's the engine of SharePoint, the core of SharePoint, and there are a lot of…features that you'd find in SharePoint 2010 Foundation.…However, most large organizations are going to use a product called…SharePoint Server 2010.…
SharePoint Server 2010 includes everything that you find in the Foundation…edition of SharePoint.…In fact, SharePoint Server 2010 comes in two editions.…The Standard edition and the Enterprise edition.…SharePoint server 2010 Enterprise includes SharePoint Server 2010 Standard,…includes SharePoint 2010 Foundation.…We're going to cover all of these editions in this course, beginning with…Foundation and moving up.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.