- [Instructor] For some of us … SharePoint is a collaboration space. … For others, SharePoint is simply a place … that they store their documents. … And for others, SharePoint is a workflow engine … that's used to automate business tasks … that used to be done manually. … But SharePoint is more than any of these individual things. … SharePoint isn't an application like Word or Excel … or even a suite of apps like Outlook. … SharePoint is a platform that organizations use … to create powerful websites that have features … that allow you and I to work together … in ways that we hadn't previously imagined. … SharePoint Online is installed … on Microsoft's secure servers, … so you and I don't install SharePoint on our local devices. … Instead, we fire up a browser and connect to SharePoint … in a cloud using our computer, … or our tablet, or a mobile device. … But for many of us our introduction to SharePoint … and the primary way that we use it isn't using a browser, … it's by using the Office products …
AuthorGini von Courter
- Name the default level permissions are assigned in SharePoint.
- Recall what information on your profile is created from Active Directory that you won’t be able to change.
- Explain the limitation of a personal OneDrive account that makes it a poor choice for using with SharePoint.
- Define Noteworthy apps in SharePoint.
- Recall how to view your SharePoint team site in a browser view when using an Apple iOS device.
- Identify which board is built-in on a SharePoint.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with SharePoint Online
2. Work with SharePoint Sites
3. Edit and Save Documents
4. Share and Sync Documents
5. Work with List Apps
6. Go Mobile with SharePoint Online
Switch between views1m 24s
7. Integration: SharePoint 2016 and Office
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.