Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video SharePoint and Word, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
While, SharePoint 2010 does work with Office 2007, and even with earlier…versions of Office, the elegance between the products is always going to be with…the corresponding versions.…SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010 were released on the same day.…The teams worked alongside each other when developing them.…Now, we've already seen quite a few ways that SharePoint works with Office.…Let's go a little deeper into working with Word 2010.…Really, you can divide the whole relationship between SharePoint and Word in…a very simple two ways.…
Where do you want to start?…Are you in SharePoint wanting to drive some behavior in Word or are you in Word…wanting to do something in SharePoint?…If you're in SharePoint, as you can probably imagine, a lot of what you do with…Word is driven from a document library and is going to be driven from the…Ribbon or from the drop-down menu that you find beside a Word document.…We've already seen options like Edit in Microsoft Word, either available from the…drop-down or if you have the documents selected available from the Ribbon.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.