Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video SharePoint and Visio, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
If you create diagrams and flowcharts in Visio, you'll find SharePoint can help…you in three different ways.…First, and the simplest of all, well, you can just upload regular Visio files…into a document library.…There is no problem with that.…You get the wide availability, things like versioning and check in, check out.…Visio is just treated like any other Office document inside SharePoint.…I'm going to navigate out and find a simple Visio diagram that I have saved to…my own documents library on my Desktop.…Nothing remarkable here.…
We can see it's got the Visio icon.…If I select it, I have the usual suspects in my Ribbon for checking it out or…viewing or editing the properties.…Though if I choose to edit the document, it's just going to open up Visio 2010…and allow me to edit there.…Now, there is nothing particularly remarkable going on here.…I could make a simple change to this diagram, save this, and we have it now…safely stored in SharePoint.…So we can just use Visio diagrams with a regular document library.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.