Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video SharePoint and PowerPoint, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
If you just need the ability to upload and share PowerPoint files, you may find…that a regular document library works just fine.…There is nothing wrong with using a document library to store PowerPoint files in.…Like working with any document you can simply upload a document, doesn't…have to be a Word document.…I'm going to find an existing one that's on my desktop. Click OK.…Upload it into that document library.…We get the ability to collaborate on it.…We even get the ability to view that or edit it in the browser, because…PowerPoint is one of the Office Web applications.…
So, if your administrator has installed it, you should be able to edit that in the browser.…However, there is one extra thing that we can do with PowerPoint and SharePoint.…I'm going to go back to my team site.…I'm going to create a new kind of library on this site.…I'm going to my Site Actions menu.…I'll say More Options, which allows me to create all sorts of lists,…libraries, and sites.…I'll filter that down by types of library.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.