Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video SharePoint and Outlook, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
You might be surprised by the amount of things you can do with SharePoint and Outlook.…The best way to understand them is to think about where there's duplication…between SharePoint and Outlook.…By that I mean what does SharePoint have that Outlook also has?…Well, first off we think of Outlook as an email program, and SharePoint isn't.…So, there's no duplication there.…But Outlook is also a calendar application and SharePoint has calendars.…Outlook is also a tasks application and SharePoint has task lists.…
Outlook has contacts and so do SharePoint.…But the great thing is you don't have to give up either of these.…You can have both, because they both perform very useful things for us.…I'll show you what I mean.…Just take a look at the calendar in SharePoint.…This is a team calendar on a team site, so it's shared by multiple people.…What I am going to do here is go to the Calendar section of my Ribbon.…Come over to this Connect & Export section and click Connect to Outlook.…Now, they give me a message typically saying…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.