Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video SharePoint and Excel, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
SharePoint 2010 and Excel touch in several different places.…We start with something simple, just uploading Excel workbooks into document…libraries, so you can collaborate on them, which is very simple, something you…can do even in SharePoint Foundation.…We can move all the way to some of the very advanced features in the Enterprise…Edition of SharePoint, like PerformancePoint Services also use Excel.…We'll explore all of these possibilities in this course, but let's start…with the simple stuff.…First, you can read, upload, edit in a document library.…
I have a spreadsheet here.…I can of course just click the little drop-down, say Edit in Microsoft Excel and…open it up, make a change. Very simple.…Collaboration, the same way that we can work with Word documents, for example.…We can make changes, we can add charts, we can do normal Excel stuff, and then…save our changes back into that document library.…The same way as using Word, if we have this document selected, we have the…Ribbon that allows us to edit the document, check it in, check it out, delete it.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.