Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video SharePoint and Access, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
If you are someone who lives and breathes working with Microsoft Access,…you might like the ability of lists in SharePoint to be opened using Access.…Like connecting any list or library to Word, Excel or Outlook, we are going to…drive most of this from the list section off the Ribbon.…And if you notice that we've seen things already like Connect to Outlook.…We could export these details to Excel and just make a little spreadsheet of them, …but I am going to select this one, which is Open with Access.…Notice the words there.…
When you say Connect to Outlook, it suggests a synchronization, which it is.…When you say Export to Excel, it's kind of a one-way push, which it is.…Open with Access is a little bit in between.…So what's it doing?…Well, first off, Access needs a local database, so it's asking you now to create…a database that it's going to store the information in.…I am just going to accept the default, but notice below it it's asking, would…you like this database to be linking to data on a SharePoint site, or do you…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.