- Connecting to data in libraries, lists, services, and more
- Adding custom columns
- Editing queries
- Creating charts and other visualizations
- Combining data from multiple sources
- Managing relationships between data
- Publishing reports to Power BI services
- Embedding reports on SharePoint pages
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Bill] Hi, I'm Bill Kulterman. I've been using, teaching, and working with SharePoint for many years, and I'm here to show you how you can use Power BI together with SharePoint to create powerful reports and easily share them with your team. With Power BI, you can create stunning interactive visualizations of your data. When you combine that with the collaborative power of SharePoint, not only will you be able to analyze SharePoint data, but you will be able to embed a Power BI report right into a SharePoint site, and make it easy for everyone in your organization to access, interact, and comment on those reports.
In this course, I'm going to show you how to connect Power BI to a SharePoint list, and to a workbook in a SharePoint library. You'll see how to combine data from multiple locations in SharePoint together to create a report with stunning visualizations of your data. And I will walk you through the process of creating a new page and embedding your reports into a SharePoint site. By the end, you'll see how Power BI together with SharePoint can give you new ways to explore and analyze your data, and how together they can easily help you visualize and share that data throughout your organization.