In this video, learn how to share a SharePoint 2019 site. Use the Share command to invite colleagues to a site. If you are a site owner, you can invite a new person(s) to a site as a visitor, member, or site owner. If you are a member and have permission to share a site, you can invite a person as a visitor or member. When you share a site, you share access to all the content of the site.
- [Ginny] In a prior movie…we created a new Sales Showcase site.…Right here.…We haven't done anything with it since that time.…Now it's time to have some other colleagues…come work on this site with me…and to do that I'm going to share this site.…You'll find a link to share a site either…in the upper right hand corner or on the top bar,…depending on how the site is created.…So I want to share the site with someone specific.…
I'm going to click and begin typing their name.…And here's Bryon.…He shows up from Active Directory.…And the rights that I can give him are the rights…to either read, to have full control, or to be able to edit.…And I would like him to be able to edit this site.…I don't want him to be able to delete it.…And I'm really being asked to add him…to one of three groups here:…Full Control being the owners, Edit being the members,…and Read being visitors.…
Now, if I wanted him also to be able to change…the site design, then I'll need to give him full control…or another level of control that's created…
- Define SharePoint.
- Recall what level to set permissions when setting up security groups.
- Recall the limitations of opening a document in the Online version of SharePoint.
- Explain how to upload a folder from your documents folder to your SharePoint team site.
- Name the default that has been removed from SharePoint 2019 that limits document editing to one user at a time.
- Explain how to share a particular document on your team site.