By default, documents can be shared with other internal users who are not members of a SharePoint site. To share, select the document in the library and click the Share icon. Choose either Can View or Can Edit, and then enter usernames or email addresses to send each user an email notification with a link to the document.
- [Instructor] This product is called SharePoint…for a reason.…It makes it wicked easy to share documents…with other people on your team, and beyond your team.…If I wanted to share a document with someone,…I can do that right from here.…I can select the document,…and notice that the share command is now enabled.…I can click and choose Share from the preview if I wish,…so 2 different ways to do that.…That's different from the Share button at the top,…the Share button at the top of the page…is for the entire site,…but within a library if I select a document,…I can then click Share to open a shared dialogue,…it will list the name of the document at the top,…it will tell me who it is already shared with,…and then it will allow me to share it with others.…
If I choose Shared With, if there's a list it will…show me folks, but here,…Invite People.…And I have 2 different roles that I can assign to people…relative to a document I'm sharing with them.…I can make them contributors, that can edit a document,…or I can give them Read-Only or View-Only permission…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Use SharePoint to create websites, collaboration spaces, and custom applications.
- List three ways a user can add documents to a SharePoint library.
- Modify documents simultaneously with coworkers and team members.
- Organize and share apps, lists, and libraries by choosing public views.
- Analyze content on all of your devices by syncing libraries and OneDrive.
- Organize a team site to promote collaboration.