By default, documents can be shared with other internal users who are not members of a SharePoint site. To share, select the document in the library and click the Share icon. Choose either Can View or Can Edit, and then enter usernames or email addresses to send each user an email notification with a link to the document.
- [Instructor] This product is called SharePoint…for a reason.…It makes it wicked easy to share documents…with other people on your team, and beyond your team.…If I wanted to share a document with someone,…I can do that right from here.…I can select the document,…and notice that the share command is now enabled.…I can click and choose Share from the preview if I wish,…so 2 different ways to do that.…That's different from the Share button at the top,…the Share button at the top of the page…is for the entire site,…but within a library if I select a document,…I can then click Share to open a shared dialogue,…it will list the name of the document at the top,…it will tell me who it is already shared with,…and then it will allow me to share it with others.…
If I choose Shared With, if there's a list it will…show me folks, but here,…Invite People.…And I have 2 different roles that I can assign to people…relative to a document I'm sharing with them.…I can make them contributors, that can edit a document,…or I can give them Read-Only or View-Only permission…
- What is SharePoint?
- Navigating in a team site
- Opening and editing documents
- Coauthoring an Office document
- Sharing and managing documents
- Working with apps
- Syncing a list with Outlook
- Creating a new team site