Learn how to set up alerts in SharePoint Online.
- [Instructor] Want to be notified…when changes are made to a document?…To get started, locate and hover over the document name.…Select the ellipses to the right,…that's the More options menu,…and from here, select Alert me.…The Alert me when items change window appears.…The Alert title is pre-populated with the document library…and document name.…You can change this if you'd like.…Next, let's add some names for any additional people…that you'd like to send this to.…As you start to type the name of the person,…a pre-populated list will show matching names…within your organization.…
Next is the delivery method.…Email is selected, but you can also choose text message…if you'd like to send that to you a mobile device.…If you're selecting text message,…you can also check mark Send a URL to send a link directly…to this document.…Next, let's decide what type of change…will trigger the alert notification.…We want to be notified when someone else changes a document,…so we're going to go with Someone else changes a document.…
- Navigating and personalizing SharePoint
- Customizing library views
- Managing version history
- Setting up alerts
- Sharing documents
- Working with lists
- Creating a wiki page
- Automating SharePoint with workflows
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Site Owners (2016)with Bill Kulterman1h 52m Intermediate
SharePoint: Integrating with Accesswith Robin Hunt2h 19m Intermediate
1. Navigating and Personalizing
2. Documents and Libraries
3. Working with Lists
4. Working with Other Common Apps
Creating a wiki page1m 19s
5. Automating with Workflows
Flow mobile app1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.