Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Set notification options, part of Yammer 2018 Essential Training.
- [Narrator] This isn't Yammer, this is Outlook.…And I'm in my Outlook inbox.…Notice, I have messages from Yammer…coming in even on the weekend.…I have many ways that I can get information from Yammer.…If I have a desktop alert set,…those alerts can be sent to me as messages in my inbox.…I want to manage what is being sent to me…from Yammer in Outlook and what I'm going to see…when I'm working in Yammer.…To do that, I'm going to modify my notifications.…And I will do that not here in Outlook, but in Yammer.…Notifications are part of your settings,…so let's go to settings and click "edit settings."…Notice to the right, past our profile…and our org chart, are notifications.…
If you have more than one network,…you would need to select the specific network.…But I have only one.…First, I have information that says,…"email me when there are updates from my groups."…And note that it says, "daily."…If I don't want update from my groups…to appear in my inbox, I simply turn that off.…I receive a message in my inbox.…This is saying if I receive a message…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is Yammer?
- Setting up a Yammer network
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Communicating with colleagues
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in group conversations
- Working with shared files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Beginner
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Manage Your Communications
5. Work in a Group
6. Work with Files
7. Create and Administer Groups
Next steps1m 50s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.