Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Send a private message, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] This is an update movie,…so there are groups here that you haven't seen before,…and other features that may be new,…because the way private messages work…has been changed recently in Yammer,…and I'd like to tell you about it.…A private message is like a chat…that you can have with one person or more than one person.…You'll see private messages in the pane on the left.…If I want to have a private message with Tammy Marley-Cox,…I can click, and notice, that we already have…an ongoing conversation and I can show previous replies…and previous conversations.…
Or, for example, with Victor.…Now, not only are my private messages shown here,…but if I'm in my Inbox,…my private messages are on a separate tab…so I don't confuse them with the other…information that I have in my Inbox.…I wrote to Tammy and said I'd be in New York next week.…She said she hopes our paths cross in real time,…and this conversation was a real time chat.…That's what private messages are.…I have a few people listed here that…I have private messaged in the past.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- How Yammer works
- Joining a Yammer network
- Editing your Yammer profile and turning on notifications
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Using Online Now
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in conversations
- Polling and praising colleagues
- Collaborating with others using notes
- Sharing Office documents and other files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 35m Appropriate for all
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.