The Secure Store Service is an authorization service that provides a database that can be used to store credentials. In this video, learn how to generate an encryption key for the Secure Store.
- [Instructor] Before using the Secure Store service, … you have to first generate an encryption key. … Now this key is used to encrypt and decrypt … the credentials that are then going to be stored … in the Secure Store service database. … So let's take a look at how to generate this key. … So here in Central Administration, … I'm going to go to manage service applications, … and here I have my Demo Secure Store. … I'm going to go ahead and click on that, … and you'll see here that it flat out says, it says, … "Before creating a Secure Store Target Application, … "you must first generate a new key for the Secure Store … Service Application from the ribbon." … Okay, so let's go up to the ribbon. … You'll notice everything's grayed out. … We have one option, generate key. … So I'll click on that. … Now all I have to do is go ahead and put in a pass phrase. … Says phrase, but basically this is a password. … Basically it has to be at least eight characters … and have at least three of the four security elements. …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.