Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Searching in SharePoint, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
Search is built into SharePoint from top to bottom.…SharePoint has a built in search engine that's very, very good and you'll find a…search box on just about every page in every site in SharePoint.…You will typically find it over here on the right-hand side of the Ribbon.…Though do take care if you shifted your Ribbon into a different mode that…may have gone away.…But if you go back to your Browse mode on your Ribbon, you should see it and be…able to search through the content of this site.…It's common to think that search is just there in SharePoint and you just take…what SharePoint gives you, but it can go much deeper than that.…
Search is very customizable.…Now some things can only be changed by your farm administrator, such as what…content is being searched and what file types are being searched.…SharePoint can search not only SharePoint sites, but also search things like…external folders on a network drive, even public websites and Exchange folders.…However, those are only changeable by the farm administrator, but quite a lot…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.