In this video, how to search in SharePoint 2019. To search throughout SharePoint, begin by clicking the SharePoint site link on the title bar to go to SharePoint Home. Click in the search box and enter your search term. To search in a specific SharePoint site, first navigate to that site, then click in the search box on the home page of that site. Click the more results link to open the search results page and use the refiners there to further filter your search results based on type, author, and dates.
- [Instructor] SharePoint 2019 has a rockin' search feature.…Remember that if I want to search within a site,…I simply go to the site to search…and use the Search this site box right here.…If I want to search all of SharePoint,…I go to SharePoint Home, which I can get to with this link,…and this allows me to search throughout SharePoint.…But let's go back to a specific site…and look at how search and the search tools function here.…I'm going to go to Search this site…and I'm looking for a particular document.…
Now, what I get, interestingly enough,…is, I get first at the top, News.…This is really recent information that's being given to me.…Here's are files that have been uploaded…and news that has been posted,…and I am looking for something…that has the word employee in it.…And as soon as I begin typing, these results get filtered.…But notice that I get results even without typing anything,…so if what I want is a file that I've recently worked with,…all I really need to do is click in Search…and it will open up this pane.…
- Define SharePoint.
- Recall what level to set permissions when setting up security groups.
- Recall the limitations of opening a document in the Online version of SharePoint.
- Explain how to upload a folder from your documents folder to your SharePoint team site.
- Name the default that has been removed from SharePoint 2019 that limits document editing to one user at a time.
- Explain how to share a particular document on your team site.