The most effective way to locate SharePoint content is by using a site's search box. Enter your search term in the search box or, alternatively, use the dropdown to choose a search vertical like People or Conversations. Learn about how results are displayed on a search results page, and about using the refiners to filter results by type, author, and/or date.
- [Instructor] There are actually two places…that we can search on this page.…The first, find a file, is within a document library.…This is a limited search,…and it's actually a filter-in-place search.…If I'm looking, for example,…for documents that include Detroit,…I can either press enter, or I can click the search button,…and what I see is documents that have Detroit in them,…in the name or in the contents.…In fact, if I were to open this document,…you would see that Detroit is a piece of data…in one cell in this particular spreadsheet.…
To get rid of this Find a file,…I click to clear the search.…This filter-in-place search that's used in libraries…is different than the search…that we have for the site as a whole,…and for all the sites in the collection.…That's this search box right here.…By default, I can search this site,…but there are other search verticals,…other types of information I might wish to search for.…So I could search conversations,…I could search everything,…I could search people, for example.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Use SharePoint to create websites, collaboration spaces, and custom applications.
- List three ways a user can add documents to a SharePoint library.
- Modify documents simultaneously with coworkers and team members.
- Organize and share apps, lists, and libraries by choosing public views.
- Analyze content on all of your devices by syncing libraries and OneDrive.
- Organize a team site to promote collaboration.