- [Instructor] One of the criticisms of early versions…of SharePoint was that search did not work well.…Search works very well now.…Let me tell you some things about search.…First, search will only return results…that you have permission to see.…So imagine that you're sitting in a meeting…with two or three people, all of you go into…search SharePoint at the same time.…You are likely to get different search results…because different people have access to different sites,…different lists, different libraries.…Second, search is customizable…by your SharePoint administrator.…
For example, it might be that you have…a library that doesn't return search results…because it's been setup not to.…So it's possible that if the administrator says,…when people search, don't return results from this library,…that you'll look at a document, you'll see it there…and you'll search for it, and it will never appear.…That's because that library is setup…not to respond to search.…When I search I click up in the upper right-hand corner…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Name the default level permissions are assigned in SharePoint.
- Recall what information on your profile is created from Active Directory that you won’t be able to change.
- Explain the limitation of a personal OneDrive account that makes it a poor choice for using with SharePoint.
- Define Noteworthy apps in SharePoint.
- Recall how to view your SharePoint team site in a browser view when using an Apple iOS device.
- Identify which board is built-in on a SharePoint.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with SharePoint Online
2. Work with SharePoint Sites
3. Edit and Save Documents
4. Share and Sync Documents
5. Work with List Apps
6. Go Mobile with SharePoint Online
Switch between views1m 24s
7. Integration: SharePoint 2016 and Office
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.