Each list and library includes a view that displays all the content in the app. To easily create a new view, sort or filter the list or library. Click the "Save this view" link that appears. Choose Personal or Public, and provide a name for the view.
- [Gini] Every new app, every list, and every library…comes with one built in view that shows everything,…in order by whatever the title column,…the most important column, is.…In this case, by last name.…But I can create other views very easily.…First, I don't need to create a view…to be able to view this in a different order.…If I wanted to see this by first name,…just click first name.…By company, click company.…But when I do that, I'm being prompted…to save this view, so I'm going to create this…as a new view, by company.…
I'm going to choose save this view,…and I'm going to name this by company.…I have two choices, make this public…so anyone can use it, keep it personal.…If you think most other people use it,…or many other people, then go ahead and make it public.…So now we have this by company view…that's sorted by company, all contacts, that was…sorted originally by last name.…That works well.…In addition to sorting, I can also filter.…For example, this list now includes an organization type…and I would like to just display the organizations…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Use SharePoint to create websites, collaboration spaces, and custom applications.
- List three ways a user can add documents to a SharePoint library.
- Modify documents simultaneously with coworkers and team members.
- Organize and share apps, lists, and libraries by choosing public views.
- Analyze content on all of your devices by syncing libraries and OneDrive.
- Organize a team site to promote collaboration.