In this video, Gini von Courter demonstrates saving a new Office document to a SharePoint library. SharePoint and OneDrive will normally be displayed as save locations in Office apps, but if the library you wish to use is not displayed, you can either navigate to the library or first open a document from the library in the app you wish to save from. SharePoint libraries can be pinned to the list of locations in Office apps.
- [Instructor] I'm creating a document in Word…and I want to be able to save that document…in SharePoint or perhaps in OneDrive.…When I get ready to save and I go to File,…there's really a couple of possibilities.…One possibility is that when I go to File,…on the info page to save,…I will see, listed here,…SharePoint and OneDrive.…And if I do that's great.…I simply choose them as my Save As place.…But what if they're not here?…Well, one possibility is they're both online,…I can add a place online.…
I can add a place online.…I can say I'd like to add Office 365 SharePoint…is a choice, OneDrive is a choice.…But let me show you a sneaky workaround…to be able to add a SharePoint library…if it doesn't already exist.…I want to open this…KinetEco Yammer Startup Guide,…and I actually want in Word on the desktop.…So I'm simply going to make this process quick,…and choose Open in Word and bypass…opening in Word Online, and bypass the preview.…
This note is coming to me from my browser.…It says, you have an open Word before,…
- Define SharePoint.
- Recall what level to set permissions when setting up security groups.
- Recall the limitations of opening a document in the Online version of SharePoint.
- Explain how to upload a folder from your documents folder to your SharePoint team site.
- Name the default that has been removed from SharePoint 2019 that limits document editing to one user at a time.
- Explain how to share a particular document on your team site.