Join William Joseph for an in-depth discussion in this video Resources to consider, part of Learning Document Retention and Data Management.
- Finally, I want to give you a few resources to consider…that might assist you in establishing…a document management policy and implementing it.…First is physical storage locations.…And those can come in the form of actual…hardcopy document storage or electronic data storage,…for instance, cloud storage systems.…You can also consider a consultant.…They're a number of third-party consultants out there,…whose job it is to assist companies with developing…and implementing and managing document retention systems.…
There are also a number of software solutions available…to assist you with document storage management retrieval.…I'm not going to get in any of those…in this particular video.…One software solution to consider…is the Microsoft SharePoint program,…which is an easy to use file sharing program…and is a good way to start off with an electronic…data management system.…Microsoft SharePoint is the subject of a number of other…Lynda.com courses, and I won't get in to it…in further detail here.…
You might find this program useful,…
- The golden rules of document and data retention
- Preserving knowledge, relationships, and achievements through documentation
- Federal and state requirements for retention
- Guidelines for tax records, contracts, and other documents
- Building a new policy
- Storage systems and tools to consider
By the end of the course, you'll be able to build a plan that satisfies all the requirements and also protects your company's proprietary information.