Discover how to enable major and minor versioning in a modern experience SharePoint document library. Plus, see how to best use the versioning tools.
- [Instructor] Whether you're working on your own…or with a team of people, it's great to be able to…save, view, and restore previous versions of documents.…Well SharePoint document libraries…provide us with that option.…And we're going to see exactly how that's done…in this movie.…We're here in our document library…on the marketing team site.…It is a modern experience document library…and we're going to work with versioning.…Let's go ahead and take a look at our versioning settings.…We're going to go to our little settings gear icon…here in the upper right, we'll click on that…and go to library settings.…
From our library settings we're going to…click on versioning settings.…And we see over here that we have…create major versions checked.…And whenever you create a document library in SharePoint…major versions is set like this by default.…Now if we wanted no versioning we could turn it off.…We also have the ability to create major…and minor draft versions as well.…Now the difference is major versions are created…
- Sites, site collections, and site templates
- Permission groups
- Permission inheritance
- Adding apps
- Creating columns
- Creating lists and document libraries
- Working with versioning
- Checking out documents
- Creating views and subsites
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.