Discover how to enable major and minor versioning in a classic experience SharePoint document library. Plus, see how to best use the versioning tools.
- [Instructor] Whether you're working on your own,…or with a team of people, it's great to be able…to save, view, and restore previous versions of documents.…Well SharePoint document libraries gives us that option…and we're gonna see exactly how to do it in this movie.…We are here in the document library…for our Landon Hotel intranet site.…It is a classic experience document library,…and we're gonna look at versioning.…When we want to go ahead and look…at our versioning settings,…we go up here to the upper left to the LIBRARY tab.…
It opens up our ribbon and we go…all the way down to the right,…almost to the end here to the Settings section…and click on Library Settings.…From our Library Settings we see Versioning settings.…We're gonna click there.…And it takes us here to the Versioning Settings page.…We see that, by default,…Create major versions is highlighted, it's checked.…And that's what happens when you create…a new document library, major versioning is enabled.…If we wanna shut it off we click on No versioning,…
- Sites, site collections, and site templates
- Permission groups
- Permission inheritance
- Adding apps
- Creating columns
- Creating lists and document libraries
- Working with versioning
- Checking out documents
- Creating views and subsites
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.