Learn how to refresh or relink your tables from SharePoint in Access.
- [Instructor] Any time changes have occurred…in your linked tables or if they become disconnected,…you need to know how to relink and refresh them.…Let's go take a look at our database.…Okay, I'll go ahead and minimize my SharePoint site.…I can close my Calc Notepad.…And then I'm in my issues tracking database.…Let's start with our issues list,…'cause that's where we created some more fields.…I'm going to right click, go to more options,…and I'll choose refresh this list.…
Let's go ahead and double click that issues list.…And now we see the setting entered…isn't valid for this property.…You may see this occasionally…when you add lookups and calculations to your fields.…It has to do with the way that SharePoint…and Access work together with the local cache.…We don't want to store this data as a local copy.…We want to just pull it down from SharePoint every time.…The easiest fix is to go adjust the cache.…All right, I'll go ahead and click OK here.…OK again.…
The table will still open.…It still has my lookups.…It still has my actual calculations.…
- Building an Access table and a SharePoint list
- Linking a SharePoint list to Access
- Exporting a table to SharePoint
- Connecting SharePoint to Access
- Creating macros to open lists
- Modifying Access forms
- Working with views
- Building reports for your integration
- Building views for data in SharePoint
- Sharing a SharePoint site with permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
Access 2016: Reporting to Web Systemswith Adam Wilbert1h 47m Intermediate
1. Aligning Data between SharePoint and Access
2. Connecting SharePoint to Access
3. Building Forms for Your Integration
4. Building Reports for Your Integration
5. Building Views for Data in SharePoint
6. Generating Excel Reports for SharePoint
Linking data to Excel2m 26s
7. Finalizing the Database for Production
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.