When converting Google docs into Word docs, sometimes the formatting does not convert perfectly. Saving them as PDFs, is the only way to truly preserve that formatting. In this video, learn how to convert Google docs into PDFs.
- [Instructor] There are some cases where no matter…what you do, formatting in a Google Doc…does not convert well into Word.…In these cases, you may consider preserving…the formatting by converting those Google Docs…into PDFs before you migrate to SharePoint.…Let's take a closer look at how to preserve…a Google Doc as a PDF.…We're going to go to our Google Drive,…and we're going to open up this document,…the Best of Landon Hotel Guide.…Now this is a finished version of this document.…
It's been signed off by everybody,…no more changes need to be made,…it's ready to go.…What we're going to do now, let me resize my browser here,…is I'm going to go to SharePoint,…and we have the same document here,…but it's already been converted into a Word document.…So we're going to open that up and take a look at it.…And at first glance,…it looks fine, it looks like everything worked just great.…But what I want to do, I'm going to resize my browser here,…is put these side by side so that we can…look at them at the same time.…
Take a little bit of a closer look…
- Identify the categories available for filtering files in SharePoint.
- Recall how to share a file with someone outside of an organization.
- Explain how to use special fonts from Google Docs in a Word file.
- Determine how to incorporate charts from Google Sheets into Excel.
- Recognize the default process of downloading multiple files from Google Drive all at once.