Learn about using your team site's newsfeed as you would other social media feeds. Post comments by using @ to mention a colleague, and # to create or select a tag. Posts in a site can be viewed by anyone on the site, and by anyone mentioned in the post. View posts by choosing Newsfeed from the app launcher.
- [Instructor] By default, the main page of a team site…includes a communication tool, a way that we can talk…with members of our team.…One option is the newsfeed that you'll see here,…the other possibility is that your organization…may be using Yammer in place of the newsfeed.…I'm going to show you how to use the newsfeed…to create posts, whether you're posting in this site…or another site, and how to view information…that has already been posted.…To post something in the newsfeed, simply type…as you would in any of the other social networking tools…you may be used to.…
I can use the pound sign as a hashtag,…I can use the at symbol to mention someone…or to add a person rather than an idea.…For example I would like to create a post.…We start in San Francisco next week.…Now we also have a Landon SF hashtag.…I begin typing it, pull it up from the list…and post it.…This will be visible to everybody who is on…this team site, not the other team sites,…but this team site because if I go look…for example at Landon Detroit, you'll notice…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is SharePoint?
- Navigating in a team site
- Opening and editing documents
- Coauthoring an Office document
- Sharing and managing documents
- Working with apps
- Syncing a list with Outlook
- Creating a new team site