In this video, learn how to post news in SharePoint 2019. News was given a major upgrade in SharePoint 2019. News from sites relevant to you is aggregated at the top of the SharePoint homepage. News is created using a new page editor that supports text, images, video, and other media. Each news page supports comments from colleagues.
- [Instructor] The new section of SharePoint Home…has an aggregation of news from different sites…that are relevant to me,…but there's nothing here that says post news,…and the reason is news is posted in sites.…If I wanted to post some news in the KineteEco Team Site…then I'd begin by going to the KinetEco Team site.…If I go to the KinetEco Team Site,…here's that Add button that I'm looking for…to add a news story.…News stories in SharePoint 2019,…we begin by naming the page.…
The name you choose will be the name…that is going to appear,…the title of this post or this story…in each of your team member's SharePoint homepages…in the news aggregator.…So the name I'm going to give this page is…Offices closed due to weather.…After I've typed in the title then I get to choose…what I want to appear next.…And I'm choosing from various web parts.…Most of the time you will probably choose text,…but you could include an image.…
but you could include an image.…You could embed a link, for example, to a YouTube video.…You could put in a File viewer,…
- Define SharePoint.
- Recall what level to set permissions when setting up security groups.
- Recall the limitations of opening a document in the Online version of SharePoint.
- Explain how to upload a folder from your documents folder to your SharePoint team site.
- Name the default that has been removed from SharePoint 2019 that limits document editing to one user at a time.
- Explain how to share a particular document on your team site.