Localization and language packs help you to create content that can be made available to users in multiple languages. In this video, learn about multilingual support in SharePoint.
- [Narrator] As a site collection administrator, … you are provided with two types of features … to help you support users who speak different languages. … The first is the Multiple Language User Interface or (MUI). … You use the MUI feature, … to create sites in different languages, … then the default language for your SharePoint installation. … The other is Variations, … which works through enhanced translation workflow … and machine translation services. … You use the variation feature … to create a source publishing website … and then make copies of its content … that can be translated into different languages. … The variations feature only works with publishing sites. … Websites generally have two parts, … the user interface, which is how … you interact with the site itself, … and the content, which is … the information that you keep on the site. … The MUI feature works with your site's user interface … and the variations feature works with the site's content. … The user interface of your site …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.